Circular dichroism of the products of the amination of lactones
- 41 Downloads
The circular dichroism method has been used to study the products of the amination of sesquiterpene lactones containing α-methylene-γ-lactone groupings. Analysis of the results obtained has shown that in all the lactones considered the amination reaction takes place with the predominant formation of one of the possible stereochemical forms of the product of the addition of the amine to the exomethylene group of the lactone ring, namely, that having the 11S configuration.
KeywordsLactone Sesquiterpene Lactone Cotton Effect Amination Reaction Sodium Tetrahydroborate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. V. Hiremath, G. H. Kulkarni, G. R. Kelkar, and S. C. Bhattacharyya, Indian J. Chem., 339 (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.S. Kh. Zakirov, Sh. Z. Kasymov, and G. P. Sidyakin, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 398 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Y. Waddell, W. Stöcklin, and T. A. Geissman, Tetrahedron Lett., 1313 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Snatzke, H. Ripperger, C. Horstman, and K. Schreiber, Tetrahedron, 3103 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.G. P. Moiseeva, Sh. Z. Kasymov, M. R. Yagudaev, and G. P. Sidyakin, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 343 (1980).Google Scholar