Variety characteristics of soybean seeds in relation to protein and oil contents and activities of proteinase inhibitors
- 23 Downloads
The protein and oil contents and the activity of proteinase inhibitors in six varieties of soybean have been studied. It has been found that the specific amidase activity of trypsin inhibitors ranges from 170 to 320 nominal units. Electrophoretic results indicates the presence in the water-soluble fraction of seven or eight components possessing inhibitor activity in relation to trypsin and chymotrypsin.
KeywordsTrypsin Inhibitor Chymotrypsin Soybean Seed Soybean Protein Soybean Variety
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.L. P. Radzhabov, M. Nigmonov, and V. A. Shibnev, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 84 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.V. G. Klimenko, The Proteins of Pulse Seeds [in Russian], Kishinev (1978), p. 247.Google Scholar
- 5.V. É. Al'bert, V. N. Krasil'nikov, É. P. Kyuz, É. I. Gorshkov, V. Ya. Stoikova, Prikl. Biokhim. Mikrobiol.,2, 186 (1976).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Sumathi and T. N. Pattabiraman, Indian J. Biochem. Biophys.,95, 271 (1976).Google Scholar
- 8.B. P. Pleshkov, Practical Handbook of Plant Biochemistry [in Russian], Moscow (1976), p. 255.Google Scholar
- 9.P. J. Davis and K. Ornstein, Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci.,121, 321 (1964).Google Scholar