Gas-liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry of acetates of partially methylated methyl glycosides. VII. Mono- and dimethylheptoses
- 17 Downloads
The partial methylation of methyl β-glucoheptopyranoside has given a complex mixture of methyl ethers, from which five monomethyl ethers have been isolated by preparative GLC. Methylation of the latter gave a mixture in which ten dimethyl ethers were detected. The retention indices on the phase NPGS of the mono- and dimethyl ethers of methyl β-glucoheptopyranoside have been measured, and their mass spectra have been recorded and discussed. The mass spectra of these position isomers unambiguously characterize the pattern of methylation.
KeywordsMethoxy Group Dimethyl Ether Methyl Ether Monomethyl Ether Pyranose Ring
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. E. Janesson, L. Kenne, H. Liedgren, B. Lindbergand, and J. Lenngren, Chem. Comm. Univ. Stockholm,75, (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. N. El'kin, B. V. Rozyanov, A. I. Kalinovskii, A. F. Pavlenko, N. I. Shul'ga, and A. K. Dzizenko, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 601 (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. N. El'kin, B. V. Rozynov, A. I. Kalinovskii, T. I. Vakorina, N. I. Shul'ga and A. K. Dzizenko, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 457 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. N. El'kin, A. I. Kalinovskii, A. F. Pavlenko, B. V. Rozynov, and A. K. Dzizenko, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 605 (1973).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. N. El'kin, A. I. Kalinovskii, B. V. Rozynov, T. I. Vakorina, N. I. Shul'ga, and A. K. Dzizenko, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 456 (1974).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. N. El'kin and A. N. Dubinin, paper deposited at VINITI, No. 2773–79.Google Scholar