Synthesis of some L-idose derivatives
- 61 Downloads
The synthesis of 3-0-benzyl- and 3-0-mesyl-1,2-0-isopropylidene-β′-L-iodofuranose has been effected on the basis of the intramolecular nucleophilic exchange of a mesyloxy group at C5 in derivatives of 1,2-0-isopropylidene-α-D-glucofuranose. It has been found that in a system of vicinal primary and secondary mesyloxy groups a selective replacement of the primary mesyloxy group by an acetyl group is possible. It has been shown in benzyl and mesyl ethers of 5,6-anhydro-1,2-0 -isopropylidene-β-L-idofuranose the opening of the oxide ring under conditions of acid hydrolysis with the retention of the isopropylidene group is possible.
KeywordsPotassium Acetate Benzyl Bromide Oxide Ring Aqueous Dioxane Methanesulfonyl Chloride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. Vargha, Ber.,87, 1351 (1954); T. H. Johnson and G. Rangarjan, J. Org. Chem.,45, 62 (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.D. H. Buss, L. D. Hall, and L. Hough, J. Chem. Soc., 1616 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.J. Kovar, Can. J. Chem.,48, 2383 (1970).Google Scholar
- 10.Methods of Carbohydrate Chemistry [in Russian], Moscow (1967), p. 165.Google Scholar
- 11.A. Goi, T. Bruzzese, A. F. Notarianii, M. Riva, and A. Ronchini, Arzneimittel-Forsch.,29, 986 (1979).Google Scholar