Effects of additives on sintering and some properties of calcium phosphates with various Ca/P ratios
The effects were studied of additives on the sintering and properties such as the compressive strength and chemical durability of ceramics of calcium pyrophosphate, tricalcium phosphate and hydroxyapatite. In improving the compressive strength of these calcium phosphates, the effect of additives was found to be in the order Na2O≫CaF2>MgOg≫Al2O3, SiO2 for the case of single-doping, and was most marked in the combination of Na2O-MgO-Al2O3 for the complex addition. It was also found that the chemical durability of the calcium phosphates was improved greatly by using a single or complex additives.
KeywordsPolymer Calcium Phosphate SiO2 Al2O3
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. R. Rao andR. F. Boehem,J. Dent. Res. 53 (1974) 1351.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Jarcho, C. H. Bolen, M. B. Thomas, J. Bobick, J. F. Kay andR. H. Doremus,J. Mater. Sci. 11 (1976) 2027.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Monma, H. Nakajima andH. Hashimoto,J. Dent. Eng. 79 (1986) 29.Google Scholar
- 4.J. G. Jpeelen, B. V. Rejda andK. De Groot,Philips Tech. Rev. 37 (1977) 234.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Akao, H. Aoki andK. Kato,J. Mater. Sci. 16 (1981) 809.Google Scholar
- 6.B. V. Rejda, J. G. Jpeelen andK. De Groot,J. Bioeng. 1 (1977) 93.Google Scholar