The mannan formed by the yeastBullera tsugae
- 22 Downloads
The structure of an extracellular mannan formed by the yeastBullera tsugae has been studied. It has been shown that the repeating unit of this polysaccharide contains β-(1→3)- and β-(1→4)-bound D-mannopyranose residues in equimolar ratio. A comparison has been made of the polymer under investigation with the extracellular mannan from a yeast of the genusRhodotorula.
KeywordsPolysaccharide Erythritol Periodate Oxidation Equimolar Ratio Hydrogen Phthalate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Lodder, The Yeasts. A Taxonomic Study, Elsevier, Amsterdam (1970), p. 815.Google Scholar
- 2.G. A. Vitovskaya and E. P. Anan'eva, Abstracts of Lectures at the IInd All-Union Conference on the Results and Prospects of Scientific Investigations of Microbial Polysaccharides [in Russian], Leningrad (1984), p. 27.Google Scholar
- 3.T. Harada, T. Fukui, Z. Nikuni, I. Banno, and T. Hasegawa, J. Agric. Chem. Soc. Jpn.,37, 226 (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.N. P. Elinov and G. A. Vitovskaya, Biokhimiya,35, 1187 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.N. P. Elinov, G. A. Vitovskaya, V. A. Marikhin, Y. B. Marjukhta and T. V. Koslova,75, 185 (1979).Google Scholar
- 8.N. P. Elinov, Yu. B. Maryukhta, V. A. Marikhin, G. A. Vitovskaya, and E. E. Savateeva, Khim.-Farm., Zh., No. 5, 534 (1984).Google Scholar
- 9.N. P. Elinov, Yu. B. Maryukhta, V. A. Marikhin. G. A. Vitovskaya, and T. V. Kozlova, Khim.-Farm. Zh., No. 4, 106 (1980).Google Scholar
- 10.I. Ya. Zakharova and L. V. Kosenko, Methods of Studying Microbial Polysaccharides [in Russian], Kiev (1982), p. 36.Google Scholar