A study of complex mixtures of natural substances by the defocusing and DADI methods. III. Components of the protective secretion of the beetleCoccinella septempunctata
- 36 Downloads
The composition of the protective secretion of the seven-spot ladybugCoccinella septempunctata L. (Coleoptera, Coccinellidae) has been studied by the methods of high- and low-resolution mass spectrometry. By determining the complete genetic link between the ions of a sample of the secretion by the methods of metastable defocussing and the direct analysis of daughter ions (DADI) the presence of the molecular ions of eight substances contained in the secretion has been shown. These components of the secretion have been identified as squalene, cholesterol, cholesta-3,5-diene, palmitic acid, and the alkaloids coccinellin, precoccinellin, and propylein, and a probable structure has been proposed for a base C13H16N.
KeywordsPalmitic Acid Squalene Isoprenyl Coccinella Septempunctata Methylcyclo
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. M. Bushkovskaya and D. A. Titov, Zashch. Rastenii, 62 (1979).Google Scholar
- 4.B. Tursch, D. Daloze, M. Dupont, C. Hootele, M. Kaisin, J. M. Pasteels, and D. Zimmermann, Chimia,25, 307 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Karlsson and D. D. Losman, Chem. Commun., 626 (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.R. R. Razakov, A. K. Kasimov, Kh. A. Aslanov, and A. S. Sadykov, Bioorg. Khim.,6, 944 (1980); Khim. Prir. Soedin., 81 (1981).Google Scholar
- 8.R. R. Razakov, Kh. A. Aslanov, A. S. Sadykov, and B. V. Rozynov, Bioorg. Khim.,3, 600 (1977).Google Scholar
- 13.J. Weatherston, C. J. Brooks, and J. H. Borthwick, J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans. I, No. 4, 354 (1975).Google Scholar
- 14.B. Tursch, D. Daloze, and C. Hootele, Chimia,26, 74 (1972).Google Scholar