Cluster models of interaction of a fluorine atom with the (111) face of silicon
- 14 Downloads
The AMI method has been used in calculating activation energies of desorption of surface complexes from the (111) face of silicon. For the desorption of a surface Si atom, the desorption of an FSi radical containing this Si atom when a fluorine atom implanted in the surface layer is present, and the desorption of the FSi radical when such a fluorine atom is not present, the values found for the activation energy are 8.0, 0.9, and 6.4 eV, respectively.
KeywordsSilicon Activation Energy Surface Layer Fluorine Surface Complex
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. F. Winters and F. A. Houle, J. Appl. Phys.,54, No. 3, 1218–1223 (1983); Stain Technol.,26, No. 4, 117–124 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.P. G. Hoek, W. Ravenek, and E. G. Baerends, Phys. Rev. B,38, No. 17, 12508–12513 (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Seel and P. S. Bagus, Phys. Rev. B,28, No. 4, 2023–2038 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.G. E. Groshev and L. P. Sukhanov, Teor. Éksp. Khim.,26, No. 3, 268–275 (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.G. E. Groshev and L. P. Sukhanov, Poverkhnost', No. 4, 95–100 (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.K. S. Krasnov, N. V. Filippenko, and V. A. Bobkova, Molecular Constants of Inorganic Compounds [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar