Phenol oxidase of the cotton plant
- 23 Downloads
An investigation of the phenol oxidase present in the leaves of the cotton plant according to its vegetation periods has been performed. From the leaves at the period of maximum phenol oxidase activity so found an enzyme with a molecular weight of 11,700 has been extracted, the homogeneity of which was shown by the rechromatography of DEAE-cellulose, ultracentrifugation, and disk electrophoresis.
2. It has been established that the enzyme has a quaternary structure.
3. The properties of the phenol oxidase have been studied. It belongs to the class of orthodiphenol oxidases (EC 184.108.40.206). It contains approximately 0.9 % of copper.
KeywordsSodium Dodecyl Sulfate Catechol Copper Content Cotton Plant Phenol Oxidase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.G. A. Buzun, K. M. Dzhemukhadze, and L. P. Mileshko, Biokhimiya,5, 1002 (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.A. S. Vecher, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, BSSR, No. 11, 257 (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.G. B. Samorodova-Bianki, Fiziol. i Biokhim. Ful't. Rast.,2, 639 (1970).Google Scholar
- 11.T. S. Yunusov and P. Kh. Yuldashev, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 446 (1973).Google Scholar
- 12.G. A. Buzun, Usp. Biol. Khim.,13, 102 (1972).Google Scholar
- 13.T. S. Yunusov and P. Kh. Yuldashev, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 122 (1974).Google Scholar
- 14.S. C. Dhar and S. M. Bose, Leather Sci.,12, 54 (1965).Google Scholar
- 16.Kh. Shol'ts and D. Ostrovskii, Labor. Delo,6, 375 (1965).Google Scholar