Mass spectra of some sesquiterpene lactones of the eudesmane series with a C1-OH group
- 136 Downloads
The fragmentation of some C1-OH eudesmanolides has been studied with the aid of an isotopic label and high-resolution mass spectrometry. It has been shown that the most characteristic fragmentation is that with the cleavage of the C1-C10 and C4-C5 bonds. The sesquiterpene lactone arabsin has also been assigned to the C1-OH eudesmanolides and this has been confirmed by its conversion into anhydroarabsin — an α,β-unsaturated ketone.
KeywordsMass Spectrometry Mass Spectrum Organic Chemistry Ketone Lactone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. N. Sathe, G. H. Kulkarni, G. R. Kelkar, and K. G. Das, Org. Mass Spectrom.,2, 935 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.D. G. B. Bookock and E. S. Waiht, Chem. Commun., 90 (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.N. Wasada, T. Tsuchiya, E. Yoshii, and E. Watanabe, Tetrahedron,23, 4623 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.T. C. Jain, J. E. McCloskey, and C. M. Banks, Org. Mass Spectrom.,5, 751 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.R. N. Sathe, N. R. Deshpande, G. H. Kulkarni, G. R. Kelkar, and K. G. Das, Org. Mass Spectrom.,5, 197 (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.G. P. Moiseeva, B. Akyev, Sh. Z. Kasymov, and G. P. Sidyakin, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 167 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.I. S. Akhmedov, Sh. Z. Kasymov, and G. P. Sidyakin, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 245 (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Tarasov, Sh. Z. Kasymov, and G. P. Sidyakin, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 117 (1976).Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Tarasov, Sh. Z. Kasymov, and G. P. Sidyakin, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 676 (1973).Google Scholar
- 10.Y. Koji and N. Kiyoshi, Chem. Pharm. Bull.,24, 2810 (1976).Google Scholar
- 11.H. Budzikiewiez, C. Djerassi, and D. H. Williams, Structure Elucidation of Natural Products by Mass Spectrometry, Holden-Day, San Francisco, Vol. 2 (1966), pp. 38 and 71.Google Scholar