Sepharose 4B-DNP-hexamethylenediamine as a sorbent for the chromatography of carboxylic proteinases
1. The chromatography of the carboxylic proteinases porcine pepsin, aspergillopepsin A, and chymosin on the hydrophobic sorbent Sepharose 4B-DNP-hexamethylenediamine has been studied. It has been shown that the nature of the binding of the proteinases with the sorbent depends on the pH.
2. A shortening of the length of the carbohydrate chain of the ligand by four methylene units substantially weakens the interaction of pepsin with the sorbent.
3. With chymotrypsin and pepsin as examples, the possibility has been shown of using ionic effects for separating these enzymes.
KeywordsMethylene Carbohydrate Organic Chemistry Chymotrypsin Ionic Effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Stepanov, G. I. Lavrenova, V. P. Borovikova, and C. N. Balandina, J. Chromatogr.,104, 373 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.M. M. Chernaya, K. Adli, G. I. Lavrenova, and V. M. Stepanov, Biokhimiya,41, 732 (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Jost, T. Miron, and M. Wilchek, Biochem, Biophys. Acta,362, 75 (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.G. I. Boellgast and W. H. Fishman, Biochem. J.,141, 103 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.G. S. Doley, M. J. Harvey, and P. D. G. Dean, FEBS Lett.,65, 87 (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.G. G. Kovaleva, M. P. Yusunova, E. N. Lysogorskaya, G. N. Balandian, and V. M. Stapanov, Biokhimiya,42, 534 (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.V. M. Stepanov, G. I. Levrenova, K. Adli, M. V. Gonchar, G. N. Balandina, M. M. Slavinskaya, and A. Ya. Strongin, Biokhimiya,41, 294 (1976).Google Scholar
- 8.V. M. Stepanov and T. I. Greil', Biokhimiya,28, 540 (1963).Google Scholar
- 9.M. L. Anson, J. Gen. Physiol.,22, 79 (1938).Google Scholar
- 10.L. P. Alekseenko, in: Modern Methods in Biochemistry, V. N. Orekhovich (ed.), [in Russian], Moscow (1968), p. 120.Google Scholar
- 11.J. Porat, K. Aspberg, H. Drevin, and R. Axen, J. Chromatogr.86, 53 (1973).Google Scholar