PMR spectra of catechins and their derivatives
- 31 Downloads
The PMR spectra of catechins, gallocatechins, epigallocatechin gallate, and their acetyl derivatives have been analyzed and the structures of the compounds investigated have been confirmed.
The parameters of the signals of the H-2 and H-3 protons that have been found and also the nature of their change on acetylation enable a compound investigated to be assigned unambiguously to the normal or to the epi series.
KeywordsCatechin Proton Magnetic Resonance Spectrum Aromatic Proton Epicatechin Epigallocatechin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. J. Birch, J. W. Clark-Lewis, and A. V. Robertson, J. Chem. Soc., 3586 (1957).Google Scholar
- 4.J. W. Clark-Lewis and L. M. Jackman, Proc. Chem. Soc. London, 165 (1961).Google Scholar
- 5.T. J. Batterham and R. J. Highet, Aust. J. Chem.,17, No. 4, 428 (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.A. S. Sadykov, A. K. Karimdzhanov, A. I. Ismailov, and Sh. Yu. Islambekov, The Chemistry of Plant Substances, Scientific Papers [in Russian], Tashkent (1966), p. 51.Google Scholar
- 7.Sh. Yu. Islambekov, A. K. Karimdzhanov, A. I. Ismailov, and A. S. Sadykov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 191 (1968).Google Scholar
- 8.A. S. Sadykov, A. K. Karimdzhanov, A. I. Ismailov, and Sh. Yu. Islambekov, Phenolic Compounds and Their Biological Functions [in Russian] (1966), p. 208.Google Scholar
- 9.T. J. Mabry, K. R. Markhan, and M. B. Thomas, The Systematic Identification of Flavonoids, Springer, New York (1970).Google Scholar
- 10.Z. P. Pakudina, F. G. Kamaev, V. B. Leont'ev, and A. S. Sadykov, The Chemistry of Plant Substances, Scientific Papers [in Russian], Tashkent (1972), p. 79.Google Scholar
- 11.J. W. Clark-Lewis, L. M. Jackman, and T. M. Spootswood, Aust. J. Chem.,17, 632 (1964).Google Scholar
- 12.H. Bhacca and D. Williams, Applications of NMR Spectroscopy in Organic Chemistry, Holden-Day, San Francisco (1964).Google Scholar