Composition of the phospholipids of Gossypium barbadense
1. The combined phospholipids of the seed kernels of the cotton plant have been completely freed from accompanying carbohydrates by gel filtration on Molselekt G-25.
2. It has been established by two-dimensional chromatography in a thin layer of silica gel that the phospholipids of the seed kernels of the cotton plant of thin-fibered variety 5904-I consist of X1- and X2-polygly cerophosphatides (2.4 and 7.1%, respectively), phosphatidylethanolamines (14.1%), phosphatidylcholines (50.4%), phosphatidylinositols (20.4%), and lysophosphatidylcholines (5.6%).
3. The accompanying substances of the phospholipids of the cotton plant form two groups each of steroids and disaccharides.
KeywordsCotton Plant Total Phospholipid Seed Kernel Phosphatidylinositols Accompany Substance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kh. Karshiev, Kh. S. Mukhamedova, and S. T. Akramov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 558 (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.Handbook on Methods of Investigation and the Technological Control and Accounting of Production in the Oils and Fats Industry [in Russian], Book 1, Leningrad (1967), p. 316.Google Scholar
- 5.V. E. Voskovsky and E. Y. Kostetsky, J. Lipid Res.,9, 396 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.P. Karrer, Organic Chemistry, fourth English edition, Elsevier, Amsterdam (1962).Google Scholar
- 9.R. E. Wuthier, J. Lipid Res.,7, 558 (1966).Google Scholar
- 13.I. M. Hais and K. Macek, Paper Chromatography, third English edition, Academic Press (1963).Google Scholar
- 14.D. T. Tevekelov, Izv. na In-ta po Khranene., Bolg. AN,7, 21 (1968).Google Scholar
- 16.É. V. Dyatlovitskaya, T. I. Torkhovskaya, and P. D. Bergel'son, Biokhimiya,34, 177 (1969).Google Scholar