Configuration and crystallization ofa-C∶H Film on Ge and Si substrates
- 24 Downloads
Infrared and Raman analyses on the configuration of hydrogenated amorphous carbon (a-C∶H) thin films on monocrystalline Ge and Si substrates have been carried out. Models of the short range order and of the non-equilibrium crystallization aggregation of the films are proposed based on the analysis results and previous works by Smith [1, 2], Lu and Wang  and Witten and Sander . The computer simulated aggregates, according to the models, are fractals with the dimension 1.81±0.06. The films have been crystallized by laser illustration quenching. The fractal dimension of the experimentally obtained aggregates is in agreement with the simulation result.
KeywordsPolymer Crystallization Thin Film Fractal Dimension Short Range
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. W. Smith, in “Preparation and characterization of amorphous carbon films”, edited by J. J. Pouch and S. A. Alterorits (Trans Technical Publications, Switzerland, 1990).Google Scholar
- 2.Idem., J., Appl. phys. 55 (1984) 764.Google Scholar
- 3.K. Lu andJ. T. Wang,J. Cryst. Growth 94 (1989) 448.Google Scholar
- 4.T. A. Witten andL. M. Sander,Phys. Rev. Lett. 47 (1981) 1400.Google Scholar
- 5.D.-R. He, X. Y. Ji, R. B. Wang, Q. H. Liu, W. D. Wang, M. L. Liu, W. Z. Chen, Z. Y. Liu, W. X. Ji andR. J. Zhang,J. Mater. Sci. Lett. 9 (1990) 1371.Google Scholar
- 6.R. O. Dillon, J. A. Woollam andV. Katkanaut,Phys. Rev. B 29 (1984) 3482.Google Scholar
- 7.S. R. Forrest andT. A. Witten,J. Phys. A 12 (1979) L109.Google Scholar