A study of the alkaloids ofSaussurea salsa andS. elegans
1. In the extraction ofS. salsa andS. elegans, the condensation of the neutral substances with ammonia takes place with the formation of products of a basic nature.
2. FromS. elegans a new alkaloid elegantine C23H29O5N has been obtained the saponification of which has given tyramine and a sesquiterpene lactone.
KeywordsAlkaloid Lactone Sodium Carbonate Tyramine Basic Nature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ch. S. Kailast, N. S. Vishwa, and S. Salimurzman, J. Sci. and Ind. Res., 9B,11, 1950.Google Scholar
- 3.L. E. Kushnir, A. D. Kuzovkov, and K. K. Pivnitskii, IX-th International Conference on General and Applied Chemistry [Russian version], Moscow, no. 4, p. 155, 1965.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Romanuk, V. Herout, and F. Soma, Coll.,21, 849, 1956.Google Scholar