Polyphenols of the herb Hypericum perforatum and the preparation novoimanin
- 43 Downloads
1. The herbHypericum perforatum L. has been shown by paper chromatography to contain 14 substances with a polyphenolic nature, five from the flavonoid group (identified as hyperoside, isoquercitrin, quercitrin, rutin, and quercetin), four from the dianthrone group, and five from the group of low-polarity phenolic glycosides of undetermined structure.
2. The composition of the polyphenols of novoimanin has been studied. This preparation has been found to contain five substances from the group of low-polarity phenolic glycosides, which are present in considerable amounts, and nine substances from the group of flavonoids and dianthrones which are present in small amounts.
3. It has been established that theH. perforatum raw material after the extraction of the novoimanin still contains a considerable amount of flavonoid compounds, and the raw material can be used for the preparation of quercetin and hyperoside.
4. A spectrophotometric method for the quantitative determination of hyperoside in the herbage, stems, and flowers ofH. perforatum and in the wastes from the production of novoimanin has been developed.
KeywordsQuercetin Polyphenol Rutin Polyphenolic Compound Emodin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Atlas of Medicinal Plants of the USSR [in Russian], Moscow (1962), p. 196.Google Scholar
- 2.Ya. Matsku and I. Kreicha, Atlas of Medicinal Plants [in Czech], Bratislava (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.Novoimanin and Its Medicinal Properties [in Russian], Kiev (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.J. Zelner and Z. Porodko, Arch. Pharm. (Weinheim),263, 170 (1925).Google Scholar
- 8.Z. Jerzmanovska, Wiad. Farm.,64, 527 (1937).Google Scholar
- 9.N. P. Maksyutina and D. G. Kolesnikov, Med. Prom. SSSR,1964, No. 3, 41.Google Scholar
- 10.V. G. Drobyat'ko, B. E. Aizenman, P. I. Kisel', Sh. O. Shvaiger, and S. I. Zelepukha, in: Antibiotics [in Russian], Kiev (1958), p. 42.Google Scholar
- 11.N. A. Derbentseva, A. S. Rabinovich, and S. I. Zelepukha, Farmatsevtichnyi Zh.,1960, No. 1, 45.Google Scholar
- 12.P. Ya. Pochinok and A. K. Negrash, in: Phytocides in the National Economy [in Russian], Kiev (1964).Google Scholar
- 13.N. A. Derbentseva, A. S. Rabinovich, and S. I. Zelepukha, Dopovidi Akad. Nauk UkrSSR,9, 1248 (1963).Google Scholar
- 14.N. A. Derbentseva and A. S. Rabinovich, in: Novoimanin and Its Medicinal Properties [in Russian], Kiev (1968), p. 15.Google Scholar
- 15.N. A. Derbentseva, A. S. Rabinovich, and S. I. Zelepukha, Farmatsevtichnyi Zh.,1960, No. 4, 48.Google Scholar
- 16.N. A. Derbentseva, A. S. Rabinovich, and S. I. Zelepukha, Dopovidi Akad. Nauk UkrSSR,6, 833 (1960).Google Scholar
- 17.N. A. Derbentseva, A. S. Rabinovich, and S. I. Zelepukha, Farmatsevtichnyi Zh.,1962, No. 1, 54.Google Scholar