A mass spectrometric study of some triterpenes of the dammarane series
- 66 Downloads
1. The mass spectra of tetracyclic triterpenes of the dammarane series with substituents at C-3, 6, and 12 and with side chains of various structures have been studied.
2. The main direction of fragmentation is the formation of ions as the result of the decomposition of the side chain and of ring C, the second type of fragmentation being controlled by the structure of the side chain.
KeywordsMass Spectrometric Study Cucurbitacin Triterpene Alcohol Mass Spectrometric Investigation Small Side Chain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. E. Auder and B. C. Das, Tetrahedron Lett., 2205 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.H. E. Auder, R. Beugelmans, and B. C. Das, Tetrahedron Lett., 4341 (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.A. K. Dzizenko, Yu. N. El'kin, É. V. Shapkina, L. I. Strigina, and G. B. Elyakov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,173, 1080 (1967).Google Scholar