The dependence of the fatty-acid composition of cottonseed oil on the degree of unsaturation
- 23 Downloads
1. Results of thiocyanometric and spectrophotometric analysis of cottonseed oil confirm the relationship found previously in catalytic hydrogenation using potentiometric monitoring of the state of the catalyst.
2. Together with Eqs. (3) and (4), these results counterbalance the results of the chromatographic analysis of cottonseed oil.
3. This contradiction leads to the posing of the question of the probable inaccuracy of individual methods of chromatographic analysis for substances with similar absorption properties, i.e., for linoleic and oleic acids.
KeywordsLinoleic Acid Oleic Acid Chromatographic Analysis Catalytic Hydrogenation Iodine Number
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. L. Ivanov, A. Climatic Theory of the Formation of Organic Substances [in Russian], Moscow (1961).Google Scholar
- 3.L. S. Golodova, Tr. In-ta Organicheskogo Kataliza i Elektrokhimii, Alma-Ata,1, 115 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.L. S. Golodova and D. V. Sokol'skii, Izv. Vuzov, Pishchevaya Technologiya, No. 2, 35 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.L. S. Golodova and D. V. Sokol'skii, Maslozhir, Prom., No. 7, 6 (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.R. S. Gutter and B. V. Ovchinskii, Elements of Numerical Analysis and the Mathematical Treatment of Experimental Results [in Russian], Moscow, (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.A. I. Glushenkova and A. L. Markman, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin, 671 (1970).Google Scholar