PMR spectra of the dioxane lignins of some plants of the family Malvaceae
Analysis of PMR spectra of the dioxane lignins of three species ofAthea, of kenaf, and of the cotton plant has shown that the number of free aromatic protons does not correlate with the number of OCH3 groups, which indicates different degrees of condensation of the dioxane lignins studied. In all the preparations a very small amount of coumarane structures were found. The aliphatic OH groups have been distinguished as primary (γ-OH) and secondary (α-OH) and their quantitative estimation has been carried out from the PMR spectra.
KeywordsNitrobenzene Cotton Plant OCH3 Group Benzyl Acetate Nitrobenzene Oxidation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. A. Veksler, K. L. Seitanidi, L. S. Smirnova, Kh. A. Abduazimov, and M. R. Yagudaev, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 388 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.L. S. Smirnova, K. L. Seitanidi, Kh. A. Abduazimov, and M. R. Yaugaev, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 116 (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Geronikaki and Kh. A. Abduazimov, Khim. Prir. Soedin.,242, 685 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.N. Ya. Kul'chik, G. N. Dalimova, and Kh. A. Abduazimov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 637 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.N. A. Veksler, L. S. Smirnova, and Kh. A. Abduazimov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 637 (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.A. G. Zhuravlev, Yu. V. Gladkov, I. V. Sen'ko, and V. M. Reznikov, in: The Chemistry and Applications of Lignin [in Russian], Riga (1974), p. 149.Google Scholar
- 8.Cr. Simionescu and A. Cernatescu-Asandei, Celulosa si Hirtie,21, No. 6, 308 (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.A. A. Geronikaki, G. N. Dalimova, N. Ya, Kul'chik, and Kh. A. Abduazimov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 641 (1978).Google Scholar