Synthesis of trifluoroacetyl derivatives of oligopeptides forming analogs of the phosphorylatable section 33–40 of histone H1
A number of peptide fragments forming analogs of section 33–40 of histone H1, including the phosphorylatable serine-37 residue have been synthesized by the carbodiimide and modified azide methods. The specific introduction of trifluoroacetyl labels at the free α-amino groups of the peptides has been effected under conditions in which the other side chains were blocked by benzyloxycarbonyl (Z) protection. Thioethyl trifluoroacetate was used as the trifluoroacetylating reagent. The Z groups were removed from the final products by the action of HBr in absolute CF3COOH.
KeywordsDMFA Cyclohexylamine Trifluoroacetyl Benzyloxycarbonyl Absolute Benzene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.M. P. Kirpichnikov, A. V. Kurochkin, B. O. Glotov, and E. S. Severin, Stud. Biophys.,72, 171 (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Shibnev and O. D. Turaev, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 4, 916 (1976).Google Scholar
- 8.E. Schroeder and K. Lübke, The Peptides, Academic Press, New York (1965).Google Scholar
- 9.W. A. Noyes, Org. Synth., Coll. II (1943), p. 108.Google Scholar
- 10.L. I. Mar'yash and V. A. Shibnev, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 8, 1858 (1972).Google Scholar