Some aspects of the structure of the active center of the enzyme L-asparaginase
Some functional groups in the active center of the enzyme L-asparaginase have been studied by the method of inhibitory analysis.
It has been established that the phenol groups of the tyrosine residues and the imidazole groups of the histidine residues are important for the occurrence of the enzymatic reaction.
The blocking of sulfhydryl, disulfide, and amino groups, and also of the hydroxy groups of serine and threonine, does not suppress the enzymatic activity.
KeywordsMethylene Blue Asparaginase Succinic Anhydride Thioglycolic Acid Sulfanilic Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Marguardt, Arzn. Forsch.,18, 1380 (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.R. H. Adamson and S. Farbo, Cancer Chem. Report,52, 617 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.R. A. Zhagat, M. Ya. Orovere, I. K. Shprunka, I. A. Éidus, and G. Ya. Melle, Mikrobiol. (1971).Google Scholar
- 9.S. Moore and W. H. Stein, Methods in Enzymology, Vol. 6, Academic Press, New York (1963), p. 819.Google Scholar
- 11.R. A. Zhagat, I. A. Vina, R. K. Bluma, and D. É. Barone, Biokhimiya (1971).Google Scholar