Hydrolytic stability of the ester bond in aminoacyl derivatives of N-acetylglucosamine, glucosamine, and N-acetylneuraminic acid
- 129 Downloads
The hydrolytic stability of the ester bond of O-aminoacyl derivatives of N-acetylglucosamine, glucosamine (base), and methyl N-acetylneuraminate has been studied at pH 1–8. It has been shown that the stability of the O-aminoacyl derivatives of N-acetylglucosamine is comparable with that of the corresponding glucose derivatives. The presence of a free amino group in glucosamine leads to a considerable labilization of the ester bond. The ester bond of the O-aminoacyl derivatives of methyl N-acetylneuraminate is characterized by a very high lability, and this must be taken into account in working with biopolymers.
KeywordsGlucosamine Ester Bond Amino Sugar Hydrolytic Stability Neuraminic Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Derevitskaya, V. M. Kalinevich, and N. K. Kochetkov, DAN SSSR,160, 596, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.N. K. Kochetkov, V. A. Derevitskaya, and V. M. Kalinevich, Izv. AN SSSR, ser. khim.,3, 496, 1965.Google Scholar
- 3.N. K. Kochetkov, V. A. Derevitskaya, and L. M. Likhosherstov, Izv. AN SSSR, ser. khim.,4, 688, 1963.Google Scholar
- 4.N. K. Kochetkov, V. A. Derevitskaya, and L. M. Likhosherstov, Izv. AN SSSR, ser. khim.,2, 367, 1967.Google Scholar
- 5.Zh. V. Uspenskaya and V. L. Kretovich, Methods for the Quantitative Paper Chromatography of Sugars, Amino Acids, and Plants [in Russian], 59, Moscow, 1962.Google Scholar