Hyperfine quantum beat of short-lived beta-emitter8Li polarized by the tilted foil technique
- 20 Downloads
To disclose the basic mechanisms of nuclear polarization creation realized by the tilted foil technique, hyperfine quantum beats of the nuclear polarization of the short-lived beta-emitter8Li(Iπ=2+,T1/2=840 ms) were measured as a function of the distance between two tilted foils. From the observed beats of the8Li nuclear polarization, it was found that the Fermi-contact interaction of the8Li nucleus with the ground 1s-electron in LiIII plays a main role in the final stage of polarization transfer from polarized orbital electrons to the8Li nucleus.
KeywordsHyperfine Interaction Polarization Transfer Nuclear Polarization Lithium Atom Atomic Polarization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Y. Nojiri, S. Momota, A. Ozawa, A. Kitagawa, M. Fukuda, K. Matsuta and T. Minamisono, Coll. Phys. (Paris) C6 (1990) Suppl. 22 C6–549.Google Scholar
- A. Ozawa, S. Momota, M. Sakamoto, Y. Takahashi, K. Matsuta, Y. Nojiri and T. Minamisono, Ann. Rep. 1987, OULNS, Osaka University, p. 77.Google Scholar
- S. Frage et al.,Handbook of Atomic Data (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1976) p. 77.Google Scholar
- J.B. Marion and F.C. Young,Nuclear Reaction Analysis (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1968) p. 38.Google Scholar
- S. Frage et al.,Handbook of Atomic Data (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1976) p. 39.Google Scholar