Sterols of the fungusStachybotrys alternaus
- 25 Downloads
1. The composition of the sterol fraction of the unsaponifiable group of substances of the fungusStachybotrys alternaus has been studied. It has been shown that, unlike the sterol fraction of other mycelial fungi, the sterol fraction studied contains almost no ergosterol.
2. On the basis of UV, IR, mass, and NMR spectroscopy, optical activity, and chromatographic behavior, the substances present in the sterol fraction have been identified structurally, and the ratio of their quantities has been found.
KeywordsErgosterol Mycelial Fungus Sitosterol Stigmasterol Campesterol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. E. Povyazhenko, in: Stachybotryotoxicosis of Large Horned Cattle [in Russian], Kiev, 3–21, 1964.Google Scholar
- 2.D. Foster, in: The Chemical Activity of Fungi [Russian translation], Moscow, 158–161, 1950.Google Scholar
- 3.N. A. Mikhailovina and L. S. Seredyuk, Mikrobiologichnyi zhurnal,26, 60, 1964.Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. N. Nevchuk, Usp. khimii, 37, 324, 1968.Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. N. Levchuk, Zh. prikl. spektr. [Journal of Applied Spectroscopy],9, 663, 1968.Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. N. Levchuk and I. F. Tsymbal, Subjects of a Conference on the Chemistry and Biochemistry of Vitamins D and Their Use in Medicine and Animal Husbandry [in Russian], Kiev, 21–22, 1968.Google Scholar