Polysaccharides ofPolygonatum I. Isolation and characterization of polysaccharides fromPolygonatum sewerzowii
The water-soluble polysaccharides of the rhizomes of thePolygonatum sewerzowii Regl. have been studied. A method has been developed for separating the polysaccharide fraction. A new native acetylated glucomannan has been isolated which has been called severan and consists of manno- and glucopyranose residues linked with one another by β-1 → 4 bonds in a ratio of 15.4:1.
KeywordsMannose Paper Chromatography Plant Residue Erythritol Fructan
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. A. Rakhimov, Z. F. Ismailov, K. Taizhanov, and S. A. Khamidkhodzhaev, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 651 (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.D. A. Rakhimov, M. I. Igamberdieva, and Z. F. Ismailov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 85 (1976).Google Scholar
- 7.Flora of the USSR [in Russian], Vol. 4, Moscow-Leningrad (1935), p. 456.Google Scholar
- 8.Guide to the Plants of Central Asia [in Russian], Vol. 2, Tashkent (1971), p. 118.Google Scholar
- 9.D. G. Lance and J. K. N. Jones, Can. J. Chem.,45, 1965 (1967).Google Scholar
- 10.A. I. Usov, K. S. Adamyants, S. V. Yarotskii, A. A. Anoshina, and N. K. Kochetkov, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,44, 416 (1974).Google Scholar
- 11.M. I. Igamberdieva, D. A. Rakhimov, and Z. F. Ismailov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 189 (1977).Google Scholar