Synthesis of 2, 3-anhydro-6, O- tritylcellulose
- 35 Downloads
1. The possibility of obtaining 2, 3-anhydro derivatives of cellulose by the action of aqueous solutions of alkalis on tritylcellulose tosylate has been investigated.
2. The splitting off of the tosyl groups when tritylcellulose tosylate is treated with aqueous solutions of alkalis takes place mainly with the saponification of the tosyl groups and the formation of elementary glucopyranose units, and also with the formation of 2,3-anhydro rings. Under these conditions no side reactions take place.
KeywordsSodium Methoxide Caustic Soda Hydrogen Chloride Trityl Caustic Potash
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. N. Smirnova, A. I. Polyakov, and Z. A. Rogovin, Vysokomol. soed., 7, 972, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.Hess and Ljubitsch, Ann., 62, 509, 1933.Google Scholar
- 3.E. D. Kaverzneva, V. I. Ivanova, and A. S. Salova, Izv. AN SSSR, OKhN, no. 4, 369, 1949.Google Scholar
- 4.E. N. Novikova and L. N. Petrov, ZhPKh, 23, no. 12, 1336, 1956.Google Scholar
- 5.I. P. Losev and O. Ya. Fedotova, Practical High Polymer Chemistry [in Russian], Moscow, 84, 1959.Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. A. Zhdanov, R. N. Dorofeenko, and G. A. Korol'chenko, Practical Carbohydrate Chemistry [in Russian], 112, 1963.Google Scholar