The biosynthesis of the alkaloids of Goebelia pachycarpa
- 22 Downloads
1. Qualitative and quantitative compositions of the main alkaloids in five development phases of theGoebelia pachycarpa C. A. Mey. have been determined.
2. The radioactivities of the alkaloids isolated after feeding the plant with assumed precursors -[2-14C] lysine and [1,5-14C] cadaverine — show that vigorous synthesis of alkaloids takes place in the flowering and budding periods.
3. The results of an investigation of the oxidation products and of the alkaloids introduced and isolated after the feeding of plants with labelled matrine and labelled sophocarpine show that the alkaloids undergo interconversion without intramolecular changes.
KeywordsAlkaloid Succinic Acid Cadaverine Cytisine Glutaric Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. A. Abdusalamov, A. A. Takanaev, Kh. A. Aslanov, and A. S. Sadykov, Uzb. Biol. Zh., No. 2, 10 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Takanaev, and B. A. Abdusalamov, Uzb. Biol. Zh., No. 3, 20 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.B. A. Abdusalamov, A. A. Takanaev, Kh. A. Aslanov, and A. S. Sadykov, Biokhimiya,36, No. 2, 290 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.B. A. Abdusalamov, A. A. Takanaev, Kh. A. Aslanov, and A. S. Sadykov, Trudy TashGU, No. 419, 235 (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.Ya. I. Pakanaev and A. S. Sadykov, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,33, 1374 (1962).Google Scholar