Sulfur-containing amino acids of the polyhedral protein of the silkworm yellows virus
- 27 Downloads
1. The polyhedral protein of silkworm virus yellows isolated by the alkali method does not contain sulfhydryl groups.
2. The content of sulfhydryl groups in the reduced polyhedral protein has been determined by titration with methylmercury nitrate and by means of Ellman's reagent (0.029–0.033 µmole of SH groups per mg of protein). The content of S-carboxymethylcysteine groups in acid hydrolysates of reduced and carboxymethylated polyhedral protein has been determined with an amino acid analyzer (0.03 µmol/mg).
3. The content of cysteic acid in acid hydrolysates of oxidized polyhedral protein is 0.069 µmole/mg.
KeywordsSulfhydryl Group Guanidine Hydrochloride Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate Solution Silver Iodide Cysteic Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.L. M. Tarasevich, Vopr. virusologii, no. 2, 135, 1963.Google Scholar
- 8.H. Fraenkel-Conrat and L. Ramachandran, in: Advances in Protein Chemistry, Academic Press, New York-London,14, 175, 1959.Google Scholar
- 9.E. A. Kozlov, V. M. Sogulyaeva, and S. B. Serebryanyi, Ukr. khim. zh.,32, 875, 1966.Google Scholar
- 13.S. Moore, J. Biol. Chem., 238, 235, 1963.Google Scholar
- 14.S. Moore and W. H. Stein, in: Methods in Enzymology, Academic Press, New York-London,6, 819, 1963.Google Scholar
- 15.F. R. Blood and H. D. Lewis, J. Biol. Chem., 139, 407, 1941.Google Scholar
- 16.Collection: Organic Syntheses [Russian translation], Moscow,3, p. 498, 1952.Google Scholar
- 17.G. Toennis and J. J. Kolb, J. Biol. Chem.,140, 131, 1941.Google Scholar
- 19.A. A. Baldoni and J. J. Miyashiro, US patent no. 2914451, 24 November 1959, RZhKhIM, 6L, 97, 1961.Google Scholar
- 20.Noxious Substances in Industry [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow-Leningrad, p. 395, 1965.Google Scholar
- 21.E. Bentler, O. Duron, and B. M. Relly, J. Labor. and Clin. Med.,61, 883, 1963.Google Scholar