1. A spectroscopic study of anabasamine, isolated from the seeds of the plantAnabasis aphylla L. has been carried out.
On the basis of UV, IR, NMR, and mass spectroscopic data, the structure 5-(N-methyl-2′-piperidyl)-2,3′-bipyridyl has been proposed as the most probable.
2. The structural formula of anabasamine has been confirmed experimentally through the production of 2,3′-bipyridyl-5-carboxylic acid by the oxidation of the base.
KeywordsPiperidine Copper Powder Manganese Dioxide Bipyridyl Potassium Permanganate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kh. A. Aslanov, S. Z. Mukhamedzhanov, and A. S. Sadykov, Nauchnye Trudy TashGU. Khimiya rastitel'nykh veshchestv,2, no. 286, 71, 1966.Google Scholar
- 2.S. Z. Mukhamedzhanov, A. S. Sadykov, and Kh. A. Aslanov, DAN UzSSR, no. 4, 34, 1967.Google Scholar
- 3.V. B. Leont'ev, O. S. Otroshchenko, Yu. S. Mangutova, and A. S. Sadykov, ZhOKh,35, 297, 1965.Google Scholar
- 5.G. Budzikiewicz, C. Djerassi, and D. Williams, Interpretation of Mass Spectra of Organic Compounds [Russian translation], Moscow, p. 131, 1966.Google Scholar
- 6.A. S. Sadykov, The Chemistry of the Alkaloids ofAnabasis aphylla L. [in Russian], Tashkent, p. 35, 1956.Google Scholar
- 7.O. S. Otroshchenko and A. S. Sadykov, ZhOKh,24, 1685, 1954.Google Scholar