Structure of the product of the sensitized photodimerization of peucedanin
- 30 Downloads
On the basis of the NMR spectrum, a most probable structure has been proposed for the product of the sensitized photodimerization of the natural furocoumarin peucedanin. It has been shown that the latter is formed at the expense of the double bonds of the α-pyrone ring of one and of the furan ring of the second molecule in the “head to tail” manner.
KeywordsCoumarin Viti Ligo Furan Ring Lactone Ring Pyrone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. Wesseli and F. Kallab, Monatsh.,59, 161, 1932.Google Scholar
- 3.F. Wesseli and I. Plaichinger, Ber., 971, 75, 1942.Google Scholar
- 5.W. L. Fowlks, J. Invest. Dermatol.,32, No. 2, 2, 249, 1959.Google Scholar
- 6.G. Rodighiero and V. Cappellina, Gass. Chim. Ital.,91, No. 1, 103, 1961.Google Scholar
- 7.G. K. Nikonov, ZhOKh,34, 2815, 1964.Google Scholar
- 8.M. E. Perel'son, Yu. N. Shenker, G. P. Syrova, G. K. Nikonov, and A. P. Prokopenko, “The use of NMR spectroscopy in the chemistry of natural coumarins,” in: Medicinal Plants [in Russian], Vol. 15, Moscow, 1969, p. 60.Google Scholar
- 9.G. O. Schenk, I. Wilucki, and C. H. Krauch. Ber.,95, 1409, 1962.Google Scholar