The iodine number and the unsaturation number of fats
In order to determine the degree of unsaturation of fats and to study the kinetics of their hydrogenation, it is proposed to use instead of the iodine number an index which is called the unsaturation number and shows the total number of double bonds in 100 molecules of fatty acids.
KeywordsDouble Bond Glyceride Celery Cabbage Molar Percentage Iodine Number
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. P. Rzhekhin and N. I. Pogonkina, Maslozhirovaya Prom., No. 8, 10, 1958.Google Scholar
- 3.N. I. Pogonkina, V. P. Rzhekhin, I. A. Solov'eva, and V. K. Cheredilova, Tr. VNIIZh, L., No. XXV, 251, 1965.Google Scholar
- 4.B. N. Tyutyunnikov, The Chemistry of Fats [in Russian], Moscow, 1966.Google Scholar
- 5.A. L. Markman, The Chemistry of Lipids [in Russian], Part 1, Tashkent, 1963, pp. 138–160.Google Scholar
- 6.P. A. Artamonov, An Investigation of Higher Unsaturated Fatty Acids of the CnH2n-2O2 Series [in Russian], Author's Abstract of a Doctoral Dissertation, Tashkent, 1965.Google Scholar
- 7.B. M. Baram, A. U. Umarov, and A. L. Markman, Prikladnaya Biokhimiya i Mikrobiologiya [Applied Biochemistry and Microbiology],6, No. 5, 6, 600, 1970.Google Scholar
- 9.K. K. Domanskaya, A. I. Glushenkova, and A. L. Markman, Maslozhirovaya, Prom., No. 8, 12, 1970.Google Scholar