Diol lipids XV. Isolation of a neutral diol plasmalogen from the lipids of starfish
- 26 Downloads
An ethylene glycol plasmalogen has been isolated by column and thin-layer chromatography from the lipids of the starfishDistolasterias nipon.
It has been shown by thin-layer chromatography, IR spectroscopy, and stepwise hydrolysis of the plasmalogen isolated, and also by the gas-liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry of the hydrolysis products, that this substance is 1-cis, cis-octadeca-1′,9′-dienyloxy-2-stearoyloxyethane.
KeywordsNeutral Lipid Vinyl Ether Methyl Stearate Dimethyl Acetal Mild Acid Hydrolysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Vaver, N. V. Prokazova, A. N. Ushakov, G. A. Popkova, and L. D. Bergel'son, KhPS [Chemistry of Natural Compounds],1, 401, 1965.Google Scholar
- 3.J. R. Gilberton and M. L. Karnovsky, J. Biol. Chem., 238, 893, 1963.Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Vaver, N. A. Pisareva, and L. D. Bergel'son, VII International Symposium on the Chemistry of Natural Compounds. Abstracts of Lectures [in Russian], Riga, 1970, p. 306.Google Scholar
- 5.V. A. Vaver, V. V. Dorogov, and L. D. Bergel'son, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2681, 1967.Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Vaver, A. N. Ushakov, M. L. Sitnikova, N. P. Kolesova, and L. D. Bergel'son, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 11, 1970.Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. K. Yur'ev, Practical Work in Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Moscow, 1961.Google Scholar
- 9.J. Pitra and I. Sterba, Chem. Listy,56, 544, 1962.Google Scholar
- 10.H. R. Warner and W. E. M. Lands, J. Lip. Res.,4, 216, 1963.Google Scholar
- 11.T. V. Serebryakova, E. N. Zvonkova, G. A. Serebrennikova, and N. A. Preobrazhenskii, ZhOrKh,2, 2004, 1966.Google Scholar
- 12.V. A. Vaver, A. N. Ushakov, and L. D. Bergel'son, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1187, 1967.Google Scholar