A study of the conformational states of anabasine derivatives
- 26 Downloads
1. The condensation of anabasine, isoanabasine, and α,β′-bipiperidyl with ethylene oxide has given N-(β-hydroxyethyl)anabasine, N-(β-hydroxyethyl)isoanabasine, and N,N′-di(β-hydroxyethyl)-α,β′-bipiperidyl.
2. It has been shown that the treatment of N-(β-chloroethyl)anabasine, N-(β-chloroethyl)isoanabasine, N,N′-di(β-chloroethyl)-α,β′-bipiperidyl with alcoholic alkali forms and the methyl ethers of (I, IV, and VII).
3. The conformations of compounds (I, IV, and VII) and their ethers have been established by NMR and IR spectroscopy.
KeywordsPiperidine Ethylene Oxide Picrate Propylene Oxide Anabasine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. P. Orechoff and D. Brodsky, Ber.,66, 466 (1933).Google Scholar
- 3.A. S. Sadykov, M. Karimov, and Kh. A. Aslanov, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,33, 3414, 3417 (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.M. A. Rubtsov, L. N. Yakhontov, and E. E. Mikhlina, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,35, 621 (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.A. P. Matveeva, T. K. Yunusov, V. B. Leont'ev, Kh. A. Aslanov, and A. S. Sadykov, Abstracts of Lectures at the 7th International Symposium on the Chemistry of Natural Compounds [in Russian], Riga (1970).Google Scholar