Cardiac glycosides of Cheiranthus allioni. VII
A further four cardiac glycosides have been isolated from the seeds ofCheiranthus allioni hort. Three of them have been identified as glucostrophanthidin (strophanthidin 3β-O-β-D-glucopyranoside), evomonoside (digitoxigenin 3β-O-α-L-rhamnopyranoside, and evobioside (glucoevomonoside). It has also been established that in evobioside the D-glucose is attached to C4′ of the L-rhamnose and the glycoside has the structure digitoxigenin 3β-[O-β-D-glucopyranosyl-(1→4)-α-L-rhamnopyranoside]. The fourth glycoside is new; it is cannogenol 3β-O-β-D-glucopyranoside.
KeywordsGlycoside Paper Chromatography Cardiac Glycoside Cardenolide Isopropylidene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. F. Makarevich, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 40 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.I. F. Makarevich, O. I. Klimenko, and D. G. Kolesnikov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 188 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.C. Mannich and G. Siewert, Ber.,75, 736 (1942).Google Scholar
- 6.S. G. Kislichenko, I. F. Makarevich, and D. G. Kolesnikov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 440 (1966).Google Scholar
- 7.W. Klyne, Biochem. J.,47, No. 4 (1950).Google Scholar
- 9.I. F. Makarevich, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 267 (1969).Google Scholar
- 10.I. F. Makarevich and S. G. Kislichenko, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 125 (1972).Google Scholar