The methylation of gossypetin 7-β-D-glucopyranoside
- 26 Downloads
On the basis of mass and IR spectra it has been established that the substance with mp 169°C known in the literature as “the acetyl derivative of gossypetin 3,3′,4′,5,8-pentamethyl ether” is in actual fact gossypetin hexamethyl ether.
Thus, yet another case of the migration of a methoxy group from partially etherified compounds in an alkylationprocess has been described.
KeywordsFlavonol Ferric Chloride Acetic Anhydride Potassium Carbonate Methyl Ether
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Z. P. Pakudina, A. A. Rakhimov, F. G. Kamaev, V. B. Leont'ev, and A. S. Sadykov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 142 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Crecrama Murti and T. R. Seshadri, Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci.,27, 258 (1948).Google Scholar
- 3.P. S. Rao and T. R. Seshadri, Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci.,9, 177 (1939).Google Scholar
- 5.H. Audier, Bull. Soc. Chim. France,1966, No. 9, 2892.Google Scholar
- 6.N. F. Hayes and R. H. Thomson, J. Chem. Soc.,1955, 904.Google Scholar
- 7.J. D. Loudon and L. A. Summers, J. Chem. Soc.,1954, 1134.Google Scholar