A glucomannan from Arum korolkovii
- 35 Downloads
A glucomannan has been isolated from the tubers ofArum korolkovii Regel. It has been shown that the polysaccharide contains O-acetyl groups and consists mainly of (1 → 4)-β-linked aldohexopyranose units of glucose and mannose in a ratio of 1:1.6. The nonreducing ends of the glucomannan are glucose residues, and branching is localized at C2 and C3 of mannose.
KeywordsMannose Erythritol Partial Hydrolysis Caustic Soda Methyl Ethyl Ketone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. A. Khodzhaeva and Z. F. Ismailov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 81 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.Flora of the Tadzhik SSSR [in Russian], Vol. II, Moscow-Leningrad (1963), p. 146.Google Scholar
- 3.N. K. Kochetkov, Methods of Carbohydrate Chemistry [in Russian], Moscow (1967), p. 287.Google Scholar
- 4.M. A. Khodzhaeva and Z. F. Ismailov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 649 (1976) [in this issue].Google Scholar
- 9.M. I. Igamberdieva, D. A. Rakhimov, and Z. F. Ismailov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 83 (1976); 85 (1976).Google Scholar
- 10.Z. F. Ismailov, D. A. Rakhimov, and M. I. Igamberdieva, Fourth Indo-Soviet Symposium on the Chemistry of Natural Products, Including Pharmacology. Abstracts of Contributed Papers, Lucknow (India), (1976), A16.Google Scholar
- 11.A. V. Obolenskaya et al., Practical Work in the Chemistry of Wood and Cellulose [in Russian], Moscow (1965), p. 381.Google Scholar