Quaternary structure of cottonseed triacetinase
- 22 Downloads
1. It has been established that the triacetinase of cotton seeds with mol. wt. 40,000 consists of two active subunits with mol. wt. 20,000, each of which in its turn consists of two protomers with mol. wt. ∼10,000 bound to one another by lipids.
2. The conditions for the dissociation and association of the subunits have been determined. It has been shown by the method of peptide maps that the subunits consists of identical polypeptide chains.
KeywordsSodium Dodecyl Sulfate Cotton Seed Tributyrin Organophosphorus Compound Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. R. Dzhanbaeva, N. M. Rakhimov, and P. Kh. Yuldashev, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 628 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.W. Boguth, K. Krisch, and H. Niemann, Biochem. Z.,341, 1491 (1965).Google Scholar
- 10.J. D. Shnatz and Y. A. Cortner, J. Biol. Chem.,242, 3850 (1967).Google Scholar
- 11.Protein Sequence Determination, New York (1970), p. 202.Google Scholar