Isolation of the galactan ofPhyllophora nervosa and characterization of its structure
- 32 Downloads
1. The chemical composition of the galactan of the Black-Sea algaPhyllophora nervosa has been established and its structure has been studied. The polysaccharide is linear and is constructed of D-galactose residued connected by 1 → 3 glycosidic bonds and of 3,6-anhydro-D-galactose residues connected by 1 → 4 bonds:-(4-0-β-D-Galp-1→3-α-D-3,6-AhGalp-1)-.
2. The ester nature of the bond of the sulfuric acid residues with the primary and secondary carbon atoms of the galactose residues has been shown.
KeywordsDimethyl Acetal Galactose Residue Sulfated Galactan Aniline Phthalate Cetavlon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. I. Usov, M. A. Rekhter, and N. K. Kochetkov, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,39, 905 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.V. Gruner, Coloq. Internat. Centre Nat. Rech. Scient.,103, 183 (1961).Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Evtushenko and M. A. Antonova, Zh. Prikl. Khim.,40, 1767 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.J. K. N. Jones and G. H. Thomas, Can. J. Chem.,39, 197 (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.J. R. Turvey, Adv. Carbohydr. Chem.,20, 183 (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.K. Nakanishi, Infrared Absorption Spectroscopy. Practical, Holden-Day, San Francisco (1962).Google Scholar
- 8.A. I. Usov, M. A. Rekhter, and N. K. Kochetkov, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,40, 2732 (1970).Google Scholar
- 10.S. Peat, J. R. Turvey, and D. A. Rees, J. Chem. Soc., 1590 (1961).Google Scholar
- 11.N. K. Kochetkov, Methods of Carbohydrate Chemistry [in Russian], Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 13.D. A. Rees, J. Chem. Soc., 5158 (1961).Google Scholar