Comparative study of the hemolytic action of two cytotoxins from the venom of the Central Asian cobraNaja oxiana Eichwald
It has been shown that cytotoxins isolated from cobra venom differ in hemolytic activity; the greater activity of one of the cytotoxins corresponds to a more pronounced basicity of its molecules, which confirms the significance of a positive charge of a cytotoxin molecule in the mechanism of its lytic action.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Positive Charge Great Activity Hemolytic Action Lytic Action
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Condrea, Experientia,30, 121 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.L. Ya. Yukel'son, É. S. Sadykov, D. N. Sakhibov, and V. M. Sorokin, Biokhimiya,40, 698 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.L. Ya. Jukelson, [L. Ya. Yukel'son], É. S. Sadykov, and V. M. Sorokin, Abstracts of a Soviet-Indian Symposium on the Chemistry of Natural Products (October 22–25, 1973), Tashkent (1973), p. 189.Google Scholar
- 4.E. V. Grishin, A. P. Sukhikh, T. B. Adamovich, Yu. A. Ovchinnikov, and L. Ya. Yukel'son, FEBS Letters,48, 179 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.E. V. Grishin, A. P. Sukhikh, T. B. Adamovich, and Yu. A. Ovchinnikov, Bioorgan. Khim.,2, 1018 (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.L. Ya. Yukel'son, É. Sadykov, and V. M. Sorokin, Biokhimiya,39, 816 (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.L. Ya. Yukel'son, V. M. Sorokin, and D. N. Sakhibov, Abstracts of Lectures at the Second Conference of Biochemists of the Republics of Central Asia and Kazakhstan (October, 1976, Frunze) [in Russian], Med. Biokhimiya, Frunze (1976), p. 198.Google Scholar
- 8.L. Ya. Jukelson [L. Ya. Yukel'son], B. A. Tashmuchamedov [Tashmukhamedov], and O. Krasilnikov, Stud. Biophys.,54, 77 (1976).Google Scholar
- 9.D. N. Sakhibov, V. M. Sorokin, and L. Ya. Yukel'son, Biokhimiya,35, 13 (1970).Google Scholar
- 10.S. Aloof-Hirsch, A. de Vries, and A. Berger, Biochim. Biophys. Acta,154, 53 (1968).Google Scholar