Comparative study of the hemolytic action of two cytotoxins from the venom of the Central Asian cobraNaja oxiana Eichwald
- 25 Downloads
It has been shown that cytotoxins isolated from cobra venom differ in hemolytic activity; the greater activity of one of the cytotoxins corresponds to a more pronounced basicity of its molecules, which confirms the significance of a positive charge of a cytotoxin molecule in the mechanism of its lytic action.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Positive Charge Great Activity Hemolytic Action Lytic Action
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Condrea, Experientia,30, 121 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.L. Ya. Yukel'son, É. S. Sadykov, D. N. Sakhibov, and V. M. Sorokin, Biokhimiya,40, 698 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.L. Ya. Jukelson, [L. Ya. Yukel'son], É. S. Sadykov, and V. M. Sorokin, Abstracts of a Soviet-Indian Symposium on the Chemistry of Natural Products (October 22–25, 1973), Tashkent (1973), p. 189.Google Scholar
- 4.E. V. Grishin, A. P. Sukhikh, T. B. Adamovich, Yu. A. Ovchinnikov, and L. Ya. Yukel'son, FEBS Letters,48, 179 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.E. V. Grishin, A. P. Sukhikh, T. B. Adamovich, and Yu. A. Ovchinnikov, Bioorgan. Khim.,2, 1018 (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.L. Ya. Yukel'son, É. Sadykov, and V. M. Sorokin, Biokhimiya,39, 816 (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.L. Ya. Yukel'son, V. M. Sorokin, and D. N. Sakhibov, Abstracts of Lectures at the Second Conference of Biochemists of the Republics of Central Asia and Kazakhstan (October, 1976, Frunze) [in Russian], Med. Biokhimiya, Frunze (1976), p. 198.Google Scholar
- 8.L. Ya. Jukelson [L. Ya. Yukel'son], B. A. Tashmuchamedov [Tashmukhamedov], and O. Krasilnikov, Stud. Biophys.,54, 77 (1976).Google Scholar
- 9.D. N. Sakhibov, V. M. Sorokin, and L. Ya. Yukel'son, Biokhimiya,35, 13 (1970).Google Scholar
- 10.S. Aloof-Hirsch, A. de Vries, and A. Berger, Biochim. Biophys. Acta,154, 53 (1968).Google Scholar