Alkaloids ofHaplophyllum foliosum
- 23 Downloads
The alkaloids skimmianine, dubinidine, foliosidine, graveoline, and compounds (I) and (II) have been isolated from the epigeal part of the plantHaplophyllum foliosum Vved. (family Rutaceae). On the basis of the spectral characteristics of (I) and its 0-isopropylidene derivative it has been established that the compound is the alkaloid edulinine. Substance (II) was identified as ferulic acid by direct comparison with an authentic sample. This is the first time that edulinine and ferulic acid have been detected in plants of the genusHaplophyllum.
KeywordsAlkaloid Ferulic Acid Isoquinoline Epigeal Part Aconit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Yu. Yunusov, Alkaloids [in Russian], Tashkent (1974), p. 176.Google Scholar
- 3.J. Iriarte, F. A. Kincl, J. Rosenkranz, and F. Sondheimer, J. Chem. Soc., 4170 (1956).Google Scholar
- 6.S. R. Johns, J. A. Lamberton, and A. A. Siomis, Aust. J. Chem.,23, 419 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.E. V. Lassak and J. T. Pinhey, Aust. J. Chem.,22, 2175 (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.D. S. Boyd and M. F. Grundon, J. Chem. Soc., (C), 556 (1970).Google Scholar
- 9.F. Santavi, Ultraviolet, Infrared, and Proton Magnetic Resonance Spectra of Simple Aromatic Compounds Substituted by Hydroxyl, Methoxyl, and Methylenedioxy Groups, Prague (1973), pp. 59, 95, 120.Google Scholar