The structure of tanachin
- 20 Downloads
1. The new sesquiterpene lactone tanachin (I) has been isolated from a chloroform extract ofTanacetum pseudoachillea C. Winkl.
2. With the aid of double and triple resonances, the chemical shifts and coupling constants of the protons of (I) have been determined. On the basis of these results and by the application of a paramagnetic shift reagent —Eu (FOD)3 — the structure of 1,6-dihydroxygermacr-4,10(14),11(13)-trien-8,12-olide has been established for tanachin. The orientations of the hydroxy groups have been determined.
KeywordsLactone Hydroxy Group Revealing Agent Secondary Hydroxy Group Diacetyl Derivative
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. I. Yunusov, N. D. Abdullaev, Sh. Z. Kasymov, and G. P. Sidyakin, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 263 (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Yunusov, Sh. Z. Kasymov, and G. P. Sidyakin, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 261 (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.A. I. Yunusov, Sh. Z. Kasymov, and G. P. Sidyakin, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 309 (1976).Google Scholar