The use of the separating capacity of uniform-pored silica gel in the refining of cottonseed oils
- 21 Downloads
1. Uniform-pored silica gels produced in the Soviet Union possess a fairly pronounced separating capacity with respect to the main groups of substances accompanying cottonseed oil and eliminated during its purification.
2. The adsorption activity of the uniform-pored silica gels is sufficient for the refining of cottonseed oil at a ratio of the total amount of silica gel to the weight of oil of 1:1.
3. The purification of cottonseed oil with uniform-pored silica gels does not lead to appreciable chemical changes in the oil that could have an unfavorable influence on its edible value or its resistance to oxidation.
KeywordsFree Fatty Acid Glucan Gossypol Pore Radius Adsorption Activity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. V. Gavrilenko and I. E. Bezuglov, Tr. Vses. Nauchno.-Issled. Inst. Zhirov, No. 14, 32 (1952).Google Scholar
- 2.Handbook on Methods of Investigation, Technical and Chemical Control, and the Accounting of Production in the Oils and Fats Industry [in Russian], Vol. 1, Book 2, Vses. Nauchno.-Issled. Inst. Zhirov (VNIIZh), Leningrad (1967), p. 833.Google Scholar
- 3.Handbook on Methods of Investigating, Technical and Chemical Control, and the Accounting of Production in the Oils and Fats Industry [in Russian], Vol. 6, VNIIZh, Leningrad (1974), p. 24.Google Scholar
- 4.I. E. Neimark and R. Yu. Shenfain, Silica Gel, Its Production, Properties, and Applications [in Russian], Kiev (1973), p. 156.Google Scholar