A new acid from the oil of the seeds of Sambucus nigra
- 33 Downloads
A new keto hydroxy acid (I) C18H30O6 has been isolated from the fatty oil of the seeds ofSambucus nigra in an amount of 2% of the total fatty acids. A study of its chemical properties and spectral characteristics has shown that it is probably 11-hydroxy-9,15,16-trioxooctadeconoic acid, and that it consists of a keto-enol mixture containing about 30% of the two equiprobable tautomers (II and III); it has been given the name of caprifolonic acid.
KeywordsMethyl Oleate Azelaic Acid Glutaric Acid Chromium Trioxide Ethylene Succinate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.É. I. Gigienova, A. U. Umarov, and A. L. Markman, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin.,5, 117 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.É. I. Gigienova, A. U. Umarov, and A. L. Markman, Maslob.-Zhir. Prom.,9, 34 (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.Handbook on Methods of Investigation, Technical and Chemical Control, and the Accounting of Production in the Fats and Oils Industry [in Russian], Leningrad,1, Book 2 (1967), p. 1000.Google Scholar
- 4.Determination of the Structure of Organic Compounds by Physical and Chemical Methods [in Russian], Moscow,1, 53, 128 (1967);2, 525 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.Houben-Weyl, Methoden der organischen Chemie [Russian translation], Moscow,2, 375–377, 436, 443, 455, 465, 469 (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.H. P. Kaufmann, Fette u. Seifen,53 (1951).Google Scholar
- 7.N. Bhacca and D. Williams, Applications of NMR Spectroscopy in Organic Chemistry, Holden-Day, San Francisco (1964).Google Scholar
- 8.S. D. Gusakova, É. I. Gigienova, A. U. Umarov, and A. L. Markman, Maslob.-Zhir. Prom.,10, 9 (1969).Google Scholar
- 9.L. J. Morris, R. T. Holmann, and K. Fontell, J. Lipid Res.,2, 68 (1961).Google Scholar