Determination of 2-deoxyaldoses and their natural glycosides with the aid of xanthydrol
- 44 Downloads
The molecular extinction coefficients in the xanthydrol reaction of 2-deoxyaldoses and their cardenolide glycosides have been measured. The absorption indices vary within wide limits according to the structure of the sugars. The 2,6-dideoxyaldoses have a considerably higher coefficient than the 2-deoxyaldoses. Disaccharides in which 2,6-dideoxyaldohexoses are attached to the D-glucose show a comparatively low optical density. The glycosides reflect the properties of the sugars that they contain.
A rough method of determining the amount of pregnane glycosides in plants has been developed.
KeywordsGlycoside Absorption Index Digitoxin Molecular Extinction Coefficient Gitoxin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. Arrequine and P. E. Pasqualis, Rev. Univ. Nac. Cordoba (Arg.),32, 439 (1945); Chem. Abstr.,40, 103 (1946).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Tschesche, G. Grimmer, and F. Seehofer, Ber.,86, 1235 (1953).Google Scholar
- 4.O. Hrdy, Z. Jung, and A. Šlouf, Českoslov, Farm.,4, 395 (1955).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Elbanowska and F. Kaczmazek, Herba Polon.,12, 173 (1966).Google Scholar
- 8.State Pharmacopoeia of the USSR [in Russian], Tenth Ed., Moscow (1968), p. 165.Google Scholar
- 9.N. E. Vorob'ev and N. P. Dzyuba, Farmatsiya, No. 3, 22 (1971).Google Scholar
- 10.G. L. Genkina, A. Kh. Sharipov, and N. K. Abubakirov, Med. Prom. SSSR, No. 9, 40 (1964).Google Scholar
- 11.N. K. Abubakirov and R. Sh. Yamatova, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,31, 2424 (1961).Google Scholar
- 12.R. Sh. Yamatova, V. A. Maslennikova, R. Z. Aitova, and N. K. Abubakirov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 846 (1971).Google Scholar
- 15.V. A. Maslennikova, R. N. Tursunova, and N. K. Abubakirov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 329 (1969); 32 (1970).Google Scholar
- 16.K. M. Ol'shanova, M. A. Potapova, V. D. Kopylova, and N. M. Morozova, Handbook on Ion-Exchange, Partition, and Precipitation Chromatography [in Russian], Moscow (1965), p. 21.Google Scholar