Use of the paramagnetic-shift agent Eu(DPM)3 to study the PMR spectra and stereochemistry of arnifolin
- 27 Downloads
1. The configuration of the OH group has been determined and the configurations of a number of other protons in the arnifolin molecule have been confirmed by means of the paramagnetically induced PMR spectra.
2. The paramagnetic shifts of a number of protons can be explained satisfactorily if it is assumed that the predominant association of the Eu(DPM)3 is with the hydroxy group.
KeywordsHydroxy Group Sesquiterpene Lactone INDOR Method Oxetane Paramagnetic Shift
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.H. Hart and G. M. Love, Tetrahedron Lett., No. 7, 625 (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Farid, A. Ameya, and M. Maggio, Chem. Communs. 1285 (1971).Google Scholar
- 8.R. I. Evstratova, V. I. Sheichenko, K. S. Rybalko, and A. I. Ban'kovskii, Khim.-Farmats. Zh., No. 9, 39 (1969); Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 270 (1971).Google Scholar