Synthesis of 3, 6-anhydrocellulose by the saponification of 6-O-tosyl-2, 3-di-O-acetylcellulose
1. Derivatives of cellulose containing 3, 6-anhydro rings have been synthesized by the following route: cellulose → 6-O-tritylcellulose → 6-O-trityl-2, 3-di-O-acetylcellulose → 2, 3-di-O-acetylcellulose →6-O-tosyl-2, 3-di-O-acetylcellulose → 3, 6-anhydrocellulose.
2. The composition of the 3, 6-anhydrocellulose has been studied by exhaustive acetylation, nitration, and periodate oxidation, and also by IR spectroscopy.
KeywordsAcetic Anhydride Tosyl Trityl Hydrofuran HIO4
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. M. Makhsudov et al., Vysokomolek. soed.,8, 1289, 1966.Google Scholar
- 2.N. K. Kochetkov, I. V. Torgov, and M. M. Botvinik, Chemistry of Natural Compounds [in Russian], Moscow,63, 1961.Google Scholar
- 3.N. I. Nikitin, Chemistry of Wood and Cellulose [in Russian], Moscow,338, 1962.Google Scholar
- 4.B. Helferich and H. Koester. Ber.,57, 587, 1924.Google Scholar
- 5.I. Sakurada and T. Kitabatake. Chem. Zentrable.,1, 1554, 1935.Google Scholar
- 6.P. P. Shorygin and N. N. Makarova-Zemlyanskaya, ZhOKh.7, 470, 1937.Google Scholar
- 7.K. Hess and N. Ljubutsch. Ann.,507, 62, 1933.Google Scholar
- 9.A. G. Yashunskaya, Candidate's Dissertation, Moscow, 1947.Google Scholar
- 10.V. P. Komar et al., Vysokomolek. soed.,8, 11, 1966.Google Scholar