Glycosides ofPatrinia sibirica. I
Three glycosides, named sibirosides A, B, and C, have been detected in the roots ofPatrinia sibirica (L.) Juss. All three are derivatives of hederagenin. Sibirosides A and C were isolated in the pure state and the complete structure of the former was established. It was shown that sibiroside C is a hexaoside of hederagenin, with carbohydrate chains consisting of two L-arabinose and four D-glucose residues.
KeywordsGlycoside Paper Chromatography Reaction Mass Carbohydrate Chain Hederagenin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Vereschagin, K. A. Sobolevskaya, and L. I. Yakubova, Useful plants of Western Siberia [in Russian], Moscow-Leningrad, 200, 1950; A. I. Yakubova, V. G. Minaeva, M. M. Kostromina, and G. N. Gorbaleva, Patriniya, Novosibirsk, 1967.Google Scholar
- 2.G. P. Zaitseva and T. P. Afanas'eva, Biokhim., 22, no. 6, 1035, 1957.Google Scholar
- 4.W. Klyne, Biochem. J., 47, no. 4, XII, 1950.Google Scholar
- 7.E. Fischer, Ber., 28, 1156, 1895; T. Patterson and J. Robertson, J. Chem. Soc., 300, 1929.Google Scholar
- 10.G. O. Aspinal, J. Chem. Soc., 1691, 1963.Google Scholar