1. It has been established that the hydrogenation of 11α-hydroxy-16α-methylpregn-4-ene-3,20-dione and of 16α-methylpregn-4-ene-3, 11 20-trione over 10% palladium on calcium carbonate in pyridine takes place stereospecifically and is determined by the substituent at C11.
2. It has been shown that a 16α-methyl group has practically no influence on the stereochemical directivity of the hydrogenation of the ethylenic bond of the Δ4-3-oxo system.
KeywordsDione Intensive Formation Anhydrous Pyridine Ethylenic Bond Pyridine Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. N. Suvorov and Z. A. Yaroslavtseva, ZhOKh, 31, 1372, 1961.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Budzikiewicz, C. Djerassi, and D. H. Williams, Structure Eludication of Natural Products by Mass Spectrometry, Holder Day, San Francisco, 82, 77, 1964.Google Scholar
- 5.N. Bhacca and D. Williams, Applications of NMR Spectroscopy in Organic Chemistry [Russian translation], Moscow, 28, 1966.Google Scholar
- 8.H. Kiliani, Ber., 46, 676, 1913.Google Scholar