Structural-metabolic polysaccharides of Rhodotorula
- 35 Downloads
1. One of the polysaccharides of the cell walls of the species ofRhodotorula studied in a structuralmetabolic (soluble) glucomannan with a glucose: mannose ratio averaging 1:2.5.
2. The glucomannas ofRhodotorula species consist of branched β polymers, the main chain of which is a mannan consisting of 1 → 3- and 1 → 4-bound mannopyranose units and is similar in structure to the extracellular mannans formed by the same species.
KeywordsMannose Methyl Ethyl Ketone Glucomannan Dimethylaniline Neopentyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. P. Elinov and G. A. Vitovskaya, Biokhimiya,35, 1187 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.N. P. Elinov and G. A. Vitovskaya, Biokhimiya,35, 622 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.N. P. Elinov and G. A. Vitovskaya, Tr. Leningradskogo Khim.-Farm. In-ta,27, No. 3, 96 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.N. P. Elinov and G. A. Vitovskaya, Biohimiya,28, 312 (1963).Google Scholar
- 6.N. P. Elinov and G. A. Vitovskaya, Biokhimiya,32, 337 (1967).Google Scholar
- 8.W. N. Haworth, J. Chem. Soc.,107, 8 (1915).Google Scholar