Structure of the xylan from the stems of the cotton plant
1. The structure of the aldobiuronic acid isolated from the xylan of cotton-plant stems has been established by its reduction and the hydrolysis of the reduced product.
2. From a study of the products of the hydrolysis of the methylated xylan from cotton-plant stems the positions of attachment of the side chains in the molecule of the xylan and their structure have been determined, and a most probable structure for the xylan molecule has been put forward.
KeywordsXylose Cotton Plant Sodium Hydride Barium Hydroxide Barium Carbonate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. K. Lekomtseva, L. Kh. Akhmedova, and A. S. Sadykov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 305 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.S. Hakomori, J. Biochem.,55, 205 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.V. I. Sharkov, N. I. Kuibina, and Yu. P. Solov'eva, Zh. Prikl. Khim.,38, 1854 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.R. J. McIloray, J. Chem. Soc., 6067 (1963).Google Scholar